A blog could provide a range of benefits for schools. It is a possible platform for enviro-leaders to:
- Share ideas, questions, and possible solutions to the projects and processes going on in their schools.
- Update on activities or discussions at convenient times, without the travel or scheduling required by a meeting or school visit.
- Have time to leave considered comments, questions, or posts.
- Self-reflect on their enviroschool's progress.
- Search the blog for topics of interest, e.g. relating to a possible future project.
- Access a record of their progress to be used in BOT reports or school documentation.
- Get to know other enviro-leaders and build a support network.
- Decide whether a school visit to another school would be relevant to their own progress.
These are what I have envisioned from my time as an enviro-leader. Please comment if you can think of other benefits which you would like listed.